The Covert Girls (with a silent t….of course) is a girl’s only shooting club for women who shoot or want to learn how to shoot.
Whether you have never picked up a gun before or your father taught you to clean his Purdey before you could walk, The Covert Girls events are fun and specially tailored to the discerning woman.
Anyone can join and gain confidence shooting with like-minded girls before inviting the men to play too. If you have always wanted to break into a traditionally male-dominated sport in a relaxed manner and enjoy events with a feminine touch then this is the club for you.
Events have included dinners in private member’s clubs with guest speakers, game shoots on exclusive estates with instructors provided for the less experienced to lunch and a shoot at a top London shooting school, followed by champagne and shopping at exclusive London gun dealers and shooting outfitters. We like to be spoilt.
- The easiest way is to get yourself an exclusive Covert Girls membership pack by clicking on this link.
- When you have done that you'll see that at the top of the page there is a sign-up button. Click this button to join The Shooting Society Club.
- When you have joined you'll see that there is an exclusive group for The Covert Girls. Join this group to catch up on all of the exclusive Covert Girls news (sorry, no boys allowed).
- Make sure to also sign up to the Covert Girls Newsletter on the right. You won't regret it.
- To never keep your lipstick in your cartridge pocket
- To poach each other’s birds mercilessly, but never one’s men
- To always acquire and shoot weapons that are beyond one’s financial means
- To support fellow Covert Girls at all times
- All loaders must be male, hot, extremely attentive and know how to dress in white tie
Despite having wonderful memories of accompanying my Father on his shooting parties in France, I would not have expected to ever find the boldness to try it for myself. Shooting comes across as quite a male oriented and exclusive sport and it takes a very confident and talented woman to get involved! Claire has found the perfect way to introduce women to this wonderful and entertaining pastime; her Covert Girls’ events are all of fun, instructive, sociable and glamorous at the same time. Whether one is an experienced shoot, or a total beginner like me, everybody is helpful, lovely and supportive, so that there is never any awkwardness even after missing the clay for the fifth time in a row! In short, it’s a great place to meet new friends, spend a relaxing afternoon in beautiful surroundings, learn more about the joys of shooting and finish a perfect day around a glass of champagne. I am looking forward to more Covert Girls afternoons, and perhaps, in a couple of months time, I might even feel confident enough to join the rest of the more experienced shoots!
Why I love the Covert Girls.... the girls are gorgeous, and great fun to be around, the banter and laughter has given me deeper laugh lines. The Covert Girls club has also got me back into shooting after a number of years absence and I love being out in the fields again having time to look around me and watch the dogs; and then there’s also the delicious lunches to end the day....
Just a few reasons.
Well for me the days are a great chance to spend time with fantastic women who love shooting as much as I do. The days are so much fun and it's great to do some shooting for fun rather than the serious side that I am involved in.....
Advice is given on what to wear, etiquette and everything needed to experience the best of what shooting has to offer.
Only fast women shoot’ – Queen Victoria
‘A lady begins to know she is shooting well when the men stop telling her she is’ – Sir Joseph Nickerson
The Covert Girls Game Shooting Course
Led by Instructor Matt Rivers of Riverswood Sporting
*Details will be available soon*
Check out our 'Man of the Month' page to vote for the hottest man in country sports.